Please note that only limited parking is available.
The Schlossstraße is a municipal parking zone, parking fees are charged daily from 9 am to 7 pm. There is only one car park ticket machine in the area, located nearby the castle portal at the ende of the Schlossstraße (no card payments, coins only, no change).
Spend a good 2 hours visiting Ambras Castle. Art lovers like to stay more than 4 hours in the numerous collections of the museum. Allow yourself a sufficient rest period in the FERDINAND Café & Bistro and in a walk through the beautiful spacious Park of Ambras Castle.
Local public transport
Postbus to Ambras Castle
In 9 minutes by bus number 4134 von main station (Hauptbahnhof) (via Kaiserschützenplatz - Olympiaworld - Leipziger Platz - Pacherstraße – Landessportcenter) to Ambras Castle.
Further information: www.postbus.at
By public transport (IVB) and on foot to Ambras Castle
You can reach the castle on foot from three stops of the Innsbrucker Verkehrsbetriebe (IVB):
- Tram line 3 (direction: Amras) stop "Philippine-Welser-Straße" (1.2 km, approx. 10-20 minutes, Tummelplatzweg: 60 meters increase!)
- Bus line C (direction: Luigenstraße) Stop: "Luigenstraße" (0.6 km, approx. 10-30 minutes, steep ascent through the castle park: 60 meters increase!)
- Tram line 6 "Igler" (direction: Igls) Stop "Tummelplatz" (0,4 km, approx. 6 minutes: slightly downhill!)
Further information: www.ivb.at
The Sightseer Bus takes you every 40 minutes to Ambras Catle. You can get in at any tourist station and break the journey with a day ticket as often as you like.
Further information: Sightseer-Webpage
Schloss Ambras Innsbruck
T +43 1 525 24 – 4802
F +43 1 525 24 – 4899
Visitors to Ambras Castle are permitted to take photographs for personal, non-commercial use. All other uses require prior permission from the Rights & Images department. Press image enquiries should be made to the Press Office.
Please show consideration for the privacy and experience of other visitors when taking photographs.
Exceptions to this policy may be in place due to copyright restrictions or for reasons of security, conservation or in the interests of the overall visitor experience:
- Photography in the main galleries is allowed for personal, non-commercial purposes only. It is the visitor’s responsibility to ensure no copyright is infringed.
- Photography is not permitted in temporary exhibitions or displays with loans. Where photography is not permitted, clear signage will be visible and using these images in any way will require prior agreement with copyright holders or other third-parties.
- Tripods, monopods and flash lighting are prohibited at all times.
- Please do not take photographs of staff or other visitors without prior permission.
Much of Ambras Castle’s Collection is reproduced as postcards, slides or prints, available in the Shop, and online.
Dogs are not allowed in the museum, but are welcome in the Park of Ambras Castle on a leash.